Last Updated: 17/12/2021
Robins is defined as a data controller under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) with reference: Z3093654.
Our contact details
Name: Robins Paper Bag Company Ltd
Address: Unit 6a Thomas Way, Lakesview Business Park, Hersden, Kent, CT3 4JZ
Phone Number: 01227 714930
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Financial information including credit/debit card information
- Delivery and Billing addresses
- Online identifiers including Cookie information and website user statistics
How we collect the personal information & why we process it
We collect your personal information in two ways:
This is information provided to us by you when completing forms and contracts, corresponding via the telephone, email, or in person at our head office.
We gather information through monitoring visits to our website. We use a variety of analytics tools and cookies in order to improve our service, user experience and to analyse how the website is used.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information is that we have a legitimate interest.
We collect and process data for the following reasons:
- In order to fulfil a service (such as the sale and delivery of goods)
- To accurately request, receive and send payments relating to the services provided
- to improve our products and services
- to monitor and improve the user experience on our website
- to meet our legal requirements as a UK registered business
Providing information to third parties:
We provide information to third parties, when it is necessary for us to fulfil our services. This includes third party courier and haulage providers for the delivery of goods and secure payment gateway services.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on servers in the UK. For current customers, data is retained for as long as they remain current. Inactive customer data is retained for marketing purposes however on receipt of an unsubscribe request data is transferred to a “do not contact” list. Personal data is kept on our database for internal record keeping.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Any changes made to this policy will be posted onto our website. The latest version of the policy will be available and the “last updated” date will serve as notice for policy changes.